15 Mar Carrot Buttermilk Face Mask Recipe
In many places, the signs of spring have finally sprung. Celebrate the lovely weather by giving your skin the attention it deserves after a long winter! Treat yourself to an easy DIY face mask that only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes to whip up and will leave your skin moisturized, radiant, and fresh.
There are so many options for DIY facials available that it can be overwhelming when trying to decide which will work for you. But let’s face it – once you’ve tried the most popular masks, it can be fun to experiment with ingredients to come up with a unique recipe that really gives you the results you are looking for.
In the spirit of Easter bunnies and spring rejuvenation, give this out-of-the-ordinary DIY Carrot Buttermilk facial mask recipe a try:
- 2 tablespoons fresh carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered buttermilk
- Mix the juice and buttermilk powder together until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to clean skin and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and gently pat dry.
This recipe makes enough for one facial, but can easily be increased and stored in the fridge for several days.
- Carrot – Turns out carrots aren’t just good for your eyesight! Carrot juice is packed with vitamins A and C, potassium, carotenoids, antioxidants, antifungal, and antibacterial substances. It can help reduce inflammation, acne, redness, signs of scarring, and the appearance of wrinkles. It can also provide hydration to your skin and even out your skin tone.
- Buttermilk – Buttermilk, even in powdered form, is an excellent way to soften and moisturize your skin, soothe irritation or burns, and naturally cleanse your skin. Buttermilk is also ideal for those with oily skin, as it helps prevent excess oiliness.